Foosball VR is an app by Coduar. Foosball VR was first published on . It is available on Steam.Foosball VR is a table football simulator focused on the same sensation you get from playing it in the real world. The player starts in a pub interior with a foosball table that stands in the middle. Access to the in-game menu is provided by pressing a ph...
Foosball VR Review
Foosball VR is an application by Coduar. Foosball VR was first published on . The app is accessible on the following platforms: Steam.
Foosball VR is a table football simulator focused on the same sensation you get from playing it in the real world. The player starts in a pub interior with a foosball table that stands in the middle. Access to the in-game menu is provided by pressing a physical button placed on the side of the table. Two flat screen TVs located near the ceiling show the current score of a match.
10 Game ModesOne of the great features of the full release is game modes. We have ten of them:
- Standard - the most realistic foosball simulation you can get for VR,
- Bomberman - you play with a ball that is, in fact, a bomb that explodes in short time intervals. Be sure to send it towards your opponent shortly before it goes off - he might lose some of the players for a couple of seconds,
- Wiggle-Wiggle - have you ever wondered how it would be to play the game with rubber-like elastic footballers? Well, now you have a chance to try it out,
- Ice Level - the whole foosball field gets frosted and instead of playing with a ball we play with an ice cube!
- Pong - are you a fan of the 8-bit microcomputers or early arcade machines? After playing this game mode we are sure you will be,
- Fast and Furious - good for reflex training. The ball can go faster or slower depending on the game pace but it will never do a full stop.
- Size Doesn't Matter - depending on the game score - the ball will grow or shrink when being controlled by a particular player.
- Goalkeeper Wars - this game mode exists in the real world too. Two goalkeepers defend each other shots.
- Magnetic - you play a metal ball which is attracted by magnets placed behind the goalkeepers.
- Portals - the ball can teleport from the one side of the table to the other.
Advanced PhysicsWe have put a lot of effort into development and testing to ensure that the ball behaves precisely as we observe it at a real-world table. The properties of all physical materials were set to values that close the gap between virtual and real world.
Smart AIThere are four levels of skills of the AI opponent. The player can choose from easy, medium, hard and terminator. By design, the terminator should be an almost unbeatable level of skills. It is only recommended for really experienced and skilled people. The main difference between these standards is based on AI's reaction time, reaction speed, execution speed and range of tricks that it can perform.
Match HelpersControlling four rows of footballers by one person is tough. To mitigate this, we have developed some helpers that help the player to achieve better results.
- Snap handle helper - helps you with the moment when your hand is close to the handle, and it works in two distinct modes - ghost and interpolate. In the ghost mode, you will see a ghost image of the footballers showing you the resulting angle after you will finally grab the handle. In the interpolate mode you will see footballers actually rotating to the resulting angle before the grab.
- Axis raise helper - helps you with shots from the defence by raising the midfield and offence rows whenever you control the goalkeeper and the defence rows.
- Axis centre helper - helps you with defence by centring your goalkeeper and the defence rows whenever you move your hands to midfield and offence rows.